Wednesday, February 17, 2010

February 18, 2010

It's been a while since I've posted last. Not been feeling well and just trying to keep my head above water.

Knitting-wise I picked up the shawl I knitted for my friend Lisa again. I need to do an edging and I'm experimenting with putting a leaf edging on it like the one on the CedarLeaves shawlette. It's tedious picking up all the stitches so that I can knit a few rows of garter stitch before I am able to start the leaves, though. I'm not sure I'm going to be able to pull it off, either, I'm afraid of what may happen with the point of the triangle. Remains to be seen what will happen. I'm not really experienced enough to be able to fudge it.

Never Not Knitting has another shawlette pattern. Very pretty and I would really like to make it, but of course I can't find the Madelinetosh yarns to make it. The body of the shawlette should be lighter, but I can't find a color I like that's available that has a corresponding darker yarn that will complement it. I snagged some Madtosh Pastoral in Norway Spruce from the Etsy shop, but it's hard to tell what will go with it, plus it's dark in color and I'm not going to be able to find a complementary darker yarn. I'm not fond of the look of using a lighter yarn, Eyre kelp would probably work, but I don't like the look. I'm thinking of just getting Norway Spruce in Eyre. It's a little bit lighter than the pics of the Pastoral, but I think it will be OK. I'm afraid to wait for the shipment of the Pastoral since the Eyre will probably be sold by the time I get the shipment. Plus I really wanted to use Fig, it's so pretty, but I can't find the Merino in Fig anywhere, just the Eyre. I even tried to find a different manufacturer's yarn for the body, but without success. It's very frustrating. I'm also waiting for my shipment of Madtosh from the Yarn Club. They are running behind and I think I'll be lucky if I get it the first week of March. There may have been something in there that I could use.

Found a cool yarn called "Sunapee" today in a pretty pale yellow. Think I need to add this yarn to my stash, especially since it's Margaret's fav color. There's only one skein in each of two dye lots, though. They are pretty different, it would mean alternating every row. Oh bother!

We've had a fair amount of snow the past few days. The dogs are loving it! I took them to meet up with my friends Joe and Sandy so that they could play with their dogs. They didn't play together, but they did get the chance to run around the park and they had such a great time! I stupidly forgot to take the camera into the dog park with me, so no great pics of them playing in the snow and having a blast! Boo hoo!

Finally the one skein of Mirasol Tupa I've been waiting for has arrived at the LYS. Going to pick it up tomorrow so I can finally finish it and gift it to Lori. I want her to have it before it's summer!

Well, off to see about downloading the Tea Leaves Pattern. I have the Lichen in Vintage just waiting to get started, but I need to download the pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment