Monday, February 1, 2010

February 1, 2010

It's hard to believe it's February already! Wow, time really does fly!

So I've been working on a Cedar Leaves Shawlette, this time I think I'll keep this one for myself. The yarn I'm using is Madelinetosh Pastoral, a beautiful yarn that I was very sad to discover is now discontinued. *sigh* Whenever I find something I truly love it seems it gets discontinued. Seems Madelinetosh said that there wasn't enough of a market for the yarn and so she's discontinuing it. I love the Blackcurrant colorway, it's so pretty. I bought 2 skeins from Eat, Sleep, Knit in November during their Black Friday sale. Four hundred yards should have been enough to complete this shawlette, but I have the feeling I'm going to come up short. Madelinetosh was wonderful and dyed a skein just for me, but the dye lot is completely off and this is not a pattern you can easily alternate skeins, especially in the leaves. My original two skeins had a substantial amount of pink and lavender throughout it, and the 2nd skein I am using now has some teal, too. The 3rd skein has nearly no pink and is not as blue and doesn't have the same depth of color. So what to do? There is a Ravelry person with a stash of 2 skeins, she's willing to sell them to me. She got them from ESK, so they will probably be similar. Just didn't want to spend another $64 so that I could complete this project. So I'm knitting in hopes that it'll be enough, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to come up short.

This morning I was awakened by the doorbell at 9:30a.m. Who could be ringing the bell at that hour? Julie and Gable, my Leos, were going crazy and barking up a storm. I dragged myself downstairs and opened the door only to discover a package from the post office between the doors. Wow, my order from ESK had already arrived! I placed the order on line very late on Friday night. I never expected it to have arrived already! So my first order of Madelinetosh Vintage in Lichen arrived. I'm hoping to do a tea leaves cardigan with it, something to do while I'm recuperating from surgery #32 which takes place 2/9. I just have to re-load the software for my printer so that I can print the pattern out. It's very pretty, but I really wanted the Tannehill. Still waiting for The Backwards Loop to get their order of Madelinetosh Merino in. Guess maybe I'll have 2 tea leaves cardis! In my order with my Lichen was my Yarnathon Welcome package, really great to have samples of all the yarns they carry. Also scratched off my Yarn Lotto card and got a $5 discount on my next purchase, yay!!!!

Been wanting to take pics of my projects only to discover that my camera battery is dead and the new charger I bought on vacation in August is not working. Arghhhh!!!! So now I need to find another charger, I can't find the original one that came with the camera for the life of me-I was certain I packed it when leaving for Sunapee last summer, but it is nowhere to be found. Very frustrating! I also wanted to take a pic of my square for the Leos in Need afghan made from Julie's fur, but can't without a functioning battery. This doesn't make me happy!

Well, off to find out about a new charger!

No comments:

Post a Comment